Alice graduated from the University of Washington in 1997. She continues to pursue post-graduate education in manual therapy and neuromuscular retraining. Alice has a wide-range of experience in all areas of PT. She enjoys post-surgical rehabilitation (she has personal experience with ACL reconstruction) and working with runners, endurance athletes and yoga enthusiasts. She uses a combination of hands-on care, yoga, Pilates and functional strengthening with her patients. Outside of work, Alice loves the PNW and enjoys running, hiking, doing downhill and cross-country skiing, rafting and mountain biking. She stays active and strives for her clients to stay active as well.
PRO Sports Club of Bellevue, 4/22/02 to 6/30/06
Alice has treated patients with spine and peripheral joint injuries due to trauma, repetitive stress, or sports. She coordinated with on-site personal trainers to progress patients from functional training to an independent conditioning program. She provided ergonomic consultations for PRO Club employees and recommended appropriate modifications. Also provided ergonomic in-services to employees on injury prevention. She has treated pregnant and post-natal women with low back or SI joint dysfunction.
Pac Med Totem Lake Clinic, 10/12/98 to 4/19/02
Provided evaluation and treatment to the general orthopedic population with emphasis on a home program. Provided diabetic foot care and patient education on prevention of ulcer and infection.
Therapist Unlimited, 3/16/98 to 10/98
Worked at various rehab facilities and hospitals to treat general post-surgical and medical patients.
- Advanced Dynamic Anatomy: Bridging the Gap between Anatomy and Treatment, 07/28-29/2018
- Applied Techniques of Manual Therapy, Treatment of the Lumbar Complex, 02/11-12/2017
- CoreFirst Strategies for Optimum Function, 03/23/2018
- Functional Mobilization I, 05/05/2017
- Kinetic Shoulder Complex, 10/14/2017
- Dynamic Foot and Ankle, 10/15/2016
- Functional Mobilization: Lower Quadrant, 11/10/2016
- Peripheral Neuropathic Syndromes: Lower Quarter, 10/10-11,2015
- Functional Mobilization: Upper Quadrant, 11/12/2015
- Functional Mobilization II, Institute of Physical Art, 9/25-28, 2014
- Level 1: Functional Dry Needling, Applications for Pain Management & Sports Injuries, 6/15-17, 2014
- Understanding the Tissues, 6/28-29, 2014
- The Modern Overhead Athlete , 1/25, 2014
- Speed, Agility, and Quickness Training, 11/22-23, 2013
- The Advanced Running Course: Level 2-Clinical Reasoning, 4/20, 2013
- Cervical Spine Assessment and Treatment, 9/29, 2012
- Core First Strategies, Institute of Physical Art, 9, 2012
- Intergration of the Cervical & Thoracic Spine with the Shoulder Girdle, 2/25-26, 2012
- Functional Mobilization I, 10/27/2011
- Functional Gait: Component Assessment & Treatment, 9/23-25, 2011
- Contemporary Perspectives for Post-Operative Shoulder Rehabilitation, 9/17-18, 2011
- The Shoulder Girdle: Medical Screening & Orthopaedic Fundamentals, 11/6-7, 2010
- Chain Reaction Transformation, 5/6-8, 2010
- Sports Physical Therapy Section’s Team Concept Conference, 12/3-5, 2009
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation I, 11/5-8, 2009 and 3/24-27, 2011
- Differential Diagnosis and Treatment of the Orthopedic Patient with Lower Extremity Radicular Symptoms, 5/16-17, 2009
- NAIOMT Level 2-Part A Intermediate Lower Quadrant, 9/19-21, 2008
- Evaluation and Treatment of the Complex Shoulder, 4/19-20, 2008
- Functional Orthopedics 1, 3/22-25, 2007
- Back Education and Training, 1/26-28, 2007
- The Pelvic Girdle and Pelvic Floor, 10/27/06.
- Applied Techniques of Manual Therapy-The Basics of Sacroiliac Mobilization, 9/30-10/1, 2006.
- Medical Screening with Special Topics on Nutrition, Neurological and Orthopedic Problems and Why Patients Don’t Heal, 4/8-9, 2006.
- Applied Techniques of Manual Therapy-Mobilization of the Cervical and Thoracic Spine and Ribs, 3/4-5, 2006.
- The Running Course, 11/19-20, 2005.
- Mulligan Concept-Follow Up Course-Mobilizations with Movement, 6/12-13, 2005.
- Musculoskeletal & Sports Medicine, 4/2-3, 2005.
- NAIOMT Level 2 Intermediate Upper Quadrant Part A (5/7-9, 2004) & Part B (6/25-27, 2004). Musculoskeletal & Sports Medicine, 3/20-21, 2004.
- Mulligan Concept-Upper Quadrant Mobilizations with Movement, 10/16-17, 2004.
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation of the Knee & Shoulder, 10/24/03.
- NAIOMT Level I-Part A (9/5-7, 2003) & Part B (10/10-12, 2003). Functional & Pathological Pelvic Dynamics in the Immediate Relief of Low Back Pain, 8/22/03.
- Management of the Bicycling Athlete, 10/29/03.
- Musculoskeletal & Sports Medicine, 3/22-23, 2003.
- Applied Techniques of Manual Therapy-Peripheral Joint Mobilization, 11/2-3, 2002.
- Current Concepts for the Knee & Shoulder, 8/2-3, 2002.
- Core Strengthening: Pre and Post-Pregnancy, 4/9/02.
- Total Conditioning for Golfers: A Physical Therapy Perspective, 5/14/02.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, 3/12/02.
- The use of Exercise for Tissue Healing, 1/8/02.
- Neck, Thoracic Spine & Shoulder Inter-relationships: a differential evaluation and manual treatment approach, 9/23-24, 2000.
- Muscle Imbalances: diagnosis & treatment, 5/7-8, 2000.
- The Lumbopelvic Region: A systematic manual treatment approach, 9/25-26, 1999.
University of Washington, Bachelor of Physical Therapy, 10/97
Seattle University, Bachelor of General Science, Magna Cum Laude, 6/95