Alice graduated from the University of Washington’s Physical Therapy school in 1997 and has been practicing orthopedic physical therapist since. She has continually pursued post graduate education with the North American Institute of Orthopeadic Manual Therapy and Institute of Physical Arts, and done extensive coursework in shoulder and knee rehabilitation. Alice really enjoys post surgical shoulder and knee rehabilitation, especially since having personally gone through ACL reconstruction surgery after a ski injury. She has a passionate about keeping her clients active and uses a combination of pilates, yoga, and functional strengthening to do so. Alice also has expertise in on-site work station ergonomic evaluations. She regularly practices bikra and vinyasa yoga and is an avid outdoor enthusiast who enjoys running, hiking, downhill and cross country skiing, rafting, and mountain biking.
PRO Sports Club of Bellevue, 4/22/02 to 6/30/06
Alice has treated patients with spine and peripheral joint injuries due to trauma, repetitive stress, or sports. She coordinated with on-site personal trainers to progress patients from functional training to an independent conditioning program. She provided ergonomic consultations for PRO Club employees and recommended appropriate modifications. Also provided ergonomic in-services to employees on injury prevention. She has treated pregnant and post-natal women with low back or SI joint dysfunction.
Pac Med Totem Lake Clinic, 10/12/98 to 4/19/02
Provided evaluation and treatment to the general orthopedic population with emphasis on a home program. Provided diabetic foot care and patient education on prevention of ulcer and infection.
Therapist Unlimited, 3/16/98 to 10/98
Worked at various rehab facilities and hospitals to treat general post-surgical and medical patients.
- Advanced Dynamic Anatomy: Bridging the Gap between Anatomy and Treatment, 07/28-29/2018
- Applied Techniques of Manual Therapy, Treatment of the Lumbar Complex, 02/11-12/2017
- CoreFirst Strategies for Optimum Function, 03/23/2018
- Functional Mobilization I, 05/05/2017
- Kinetic Shoulder Complex, 10/14/2017
- Dynamic Foot and Ankle, 10/15/2016
- Functional Mobilization: Lower Quadrant, 11/10/2016
- Peripheral Neuropathic Syndromes: Lower Quarter, 10/10-11,2015
- Functional Mobilization: Upper Quadrant, 11/12/2015
- Functional Mobilization II, Institute of Physical Art, 9/25-28, 2014
- Level 1: Functional Dry Needling, Applications for Pain Management & Sports Injuries, 6/15-17, 2014
- Understanding the Tissues, 6/28-29, 2014
- The Modern Overhead Athlete , 1/25, 2014
- Speed, Agility, and Quickness Training, 11/22-23, 2013
- The Advanced Running Course: Level 2-Clinical Reasoning, 4/20, 2013
- Cervical Spine Assessment and Treatment, 9/29, 2012
- Core First Strategies, Institute of Physical Art, 9, 2012
- Intergration of the Cervical & Thoracic Spine with the Shoulder Girdle, 2/25-26, 2012
- Functional Mobilization I, 10/27/2011
- Functional Gait: Component Assessment & Treatment, 9/23-25, 2011
- Contemporary Perspectives for Post-Operative Shoulder Rehabilitation, 9/17-18, 2011
- The Shoulder Girdle: Medical Screening & Orthopaedic Fundamentals, 11/6-7, 2010
- Chain Reaction Transformation, 5/6-8, 2010
- Sports Physical Therapy Section’s Team Concept Conference, 12/3-5, 2009
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation I, 11/5-8, 2009 and 3/24-27, 2011
- Differential Diagnosis and Treatment of the Orthopedic Patient with Lower Extremity Radicular Symptoms, 5/16-17, 2009
- NAIOMT Level 2-Part A Intermediate Lower Quadrant, 9/19-21, 2008
- Evaluation and Treatment of the Complex Shoulder, 4/19-20, 2008
- Functional Orthopedics 1, 3/22-25, 2007
- Back Education and Training, 1/26-28, 2007
- The Pelvic Girdle and Pelvic Floor, 10/27/06.
- Applied Techniques of Manual Therapy-The Basics of Sacroiliac Mobilization, 9/30-10/1, 2006.
- Medical Screening with Special Topics on Nutrition, Neurological and Orthopedic Problems and Why Patients Don’t Heal, 4/8-9, 2006.
- Applied Techniques of Manual Therapy-Mobilization of the Cervical and Thoracic Spine and Ribs, 3/4-5, 2006.
- The Running Course, 11/19-20, 2005.
- Mulligan Concept-Follow Up Course-Mobilizations with Movement, 6/12-13, 2005.
- Musculoskeletal & Sports Medicine, 4/2-3, 2005.
- NAIOMT Level 2 Intermediate Upper Quadrant Part A (5/7-9, 2004) & Part B (6/25-27, 2004). Musculoskeletal & Sports Medicine, 3/20-21, 2004.
- Mulligan Concept-Upper Quadrant Mobilizations with Movement, 10/16-17, 2004.
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation of the Knee & Shoulder, 10/24/03.
- NAIOMT Level I-Part A (9/5-7, 2003) & Part B (10/10-12, 2003). Functional & Pathological Pelvic Dynamics in the Immediate Relief of Low Back Pain, 8/22/03.
- Management of the Bicycling Athlete, 10/29/03.
- Musculoskeletal & Sports Medicine, 3/22-23, 2003.
- Applied Techniques of Manual Therapy-Peripheral Joint Mobilization, 11/2-3, 2002.
- Current Concepts for the Knee & Shoulder, 8/2-3, 2002.
- Core Strengthening: Pre and Post-Pregnancy, 4/9/02.
- Total Conditioning for Golfers: A Physical Therapy Perspective, 5/14/02.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, 3/12/02.
- The use of Exercise for Tissue Healing, 1/8/02.
- Neck, Thoracic Spine & Shoulder Inter-relationships: a differential evaluation and manual treatment approach, 9/23-24, 2000.
- Muscle Imbalances: diagnosis & treatment, 5/7-8, 2000.
- The Lumbopelvic Region: A systematic manual treatment approach, 9/25-26, 1999.
University of Washington, Bachelor of Physical Therapy, 10/97
Seattle University, Bachelor of General Science, Magna Cum Laude, 6/95